Ensuring your Performance Beef account stays organized begins at the foundation. Learn how to accurately enter and manage groups by reading the steps below.
Click Overview on the left side of the screen within your Performance Beef account.
In the top right corner, click the green +/- Head button.
Click the green Added button on the left side of the screen.
Enter your information.
Note: It is important to enter a value into each category, otherwise the group will not save. If you are unsure of a value such as total cost, weight, etc.; enter a value of 1 or 0 in order to save the group.If yardage per pen setting is activated, note the following:
- When adding new groups into the platform, yardage will be calculated based on the Pen defaults. You can change the default yardage for all groups by clicking on Pen Yardages.
- When adding cattle into an existing group, you may edit the Pen Yardages to be specific to that particular group (other groups will not be affected).
- Learn more about Yardage per Pen here.
Important: Guidelines for Group IDs
- Closeouts (and other performance data) is summarized by Group IDs, not per pen. If you want to compare performance data from one set of cattle to another, like lights versus heavies or steers versus heifers, they must have their own Group ID.
- You may have multiple Group IDs in one pen - this will produce multiple closeouts.
- You may have a Group ID in several pens - this will produce one closeout.
- You may combine groups to create one closeout, but you cannot separate one group to produce multiple closeouts.
- Group IDs should not be reused, unless you are truly adding cattle into an existing group. We suggest the incoming date be included in Group IDs to make them unique (ex: Fall Calves 2020).
- If a Group ID is reused, the platform re-opens the group and pulls in all the previous data from the original incoming date on reports, even if it was once a closed group.
- We also recommend refraining from naming groups the same as the pen they are in as it creates confusion as groups move to different pens. Read about the difference between Pens and Group IDs here.
5. Click the green Preview button in the top left corner to save the new group.
6. Click the green Confirm button on the pop-up window displayed. The new group will now be displayed in the Overview tab.
Once groups are entered into the Performance Beef platform, you can easily view and edit information pertaining to different groups. Ensuring the accuracy of head count, purchase cost and weight of each group will prevent discrepancies when you run reports such as closeouts or invoices. For more insight on editing group information, and setting up loads to start feeding new groups, please see the links below.
- Click the Account Settings button on the top right corner of your Performance Beef account.
- Scroll down to Report Settings.
- Click the red Manage Groups button.
- To archive a group, click the - on the far right of the group. The group will drop to the Archived section.
- To unarchive a group, click the + on the far right of the group. The group will move to the Active section.
- Click the green Save button on the top left corner of the page.
When groups are archived, they are hidden from your groups lists, however any data associated with them still exists and the group can be unarchived at any time. Only closed groups are eligible to be archived.
Our Customer Success team is here to help. If you have questions, contact us by calling 515-337-2187 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to take advantage of our complete resource library and how-to videos created to help you succeed.
Keeping Head Count Organized: Edit Added Head - Edit the head count, weight, purchase cost and other incoming cattle information in the Sheets tab.
Add and Manage Pens - Create a new pen or manage your pen list using the steps in this article.