Adjusting the base on the Growth Model will estimate gain related Analytics and Closeout projections more accurately. Learn how to enter check weights to adjust the base below.
Note: This feature is only available to customers using the Growth Model and Health. Please contact us at 515-337-2187 if you have interest in the Growth Model and Health.
- Click on the Reports tab on the left side of your Performance Beef account.
- Click on the drop-down box on the upper left corner of the screen and select Closeout (A or B).
- Click on the second drop-down box from the upper left corner of the screen and select the Group ID you want to see a closeout report for.
- Click the green Base (or Eff.) button at the top of the screen.
Note: If recording individual weights via Health, an average weight from past sessions will populate as a reference. They will not automatically adjust the Growth Model.
5. Click the + Add New Weight and enter the date and the average weight of the animals. Click outside of the weight box to trigger the calculation.
6. A New Standard will calculate based on the check weight. Click outside of the popup window to see the adjusted Closeout Report. This update will also adjust weight related graphs in the Analytics tab.
Standard projections are more of a guess and check mode of adjusting projections and calculations whereas check weights are entered once for the reports to be adjusted to be more accurate. Once adjusted, all gain related projections and calculations in both the Analytics and Reports tabs are adjusted. More precise projects will allow you and your trusted advisors to make better management and business decisions on each group of animals on your operation. Learn more about the Growth Model here.
Our Customer Success team is here to help. If you have questions, contact us by calling 515-337-2187 or email us at email@example.com. Be sure to take advantage of our complete resource library and how-to videos created to help you succeed.
Understanding Closeout Report Data - Learn how Performance Beef closeout data is calculated.
Intake Focused Analytics - Learn how to view intake related data within the Analytics tab by reading this article.