Never keep anyone waiting on ration changes. It is quick and easy to make feed adjustments with Performance Beef. With the help of this article, you or your nutritionist can edit rations seamlessly before chores.
- Click the Ration tab on the bottom left side of your Performance Beef account.
- Click on the name of the ration you want to edit.
- Edit ration by:
- As Fed vs. By Dry:
- Click the grey 100% As Fed button on the top right corner of the screen.
- After clicking, the ration will be going off of Dry Matter Percentage instead of As Fed.
- Edit the percentages as you see fit. The dry matter percentages must equal 100%.
- Ingredient As Fed Percentage:
- Click the white box to the right of the ingredient you want to change the proportion for.
- Type in the new As Fed Percentage for that ingredient within the ration.
- Add Ingredient:
- Click the green Add Feed button on the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Select Feed drop-down box and select the feed ingredient needed.
- Enter the As Fed Percentage in the white box to the right of the new ingredient.
- Remove Ingredient:
- Click the ingredient name you want to delete and select Remove Feed from the drop-down list.
- The feed ingredient will disappear from the ration.
- Ingredient Order:
- Click the three white dots on the far left of the ingredient you want to move.
- Drag the ingredient you want to reorder to the location within the feed list that best suits the loading order.
- Ration Name:
- Click the white box on the top of the screen and type in the new ration name.
- As Fed vs. By Dry:
Note: The order of ingredients within a ration will directly reflect how those ingredients will be displayed on the Scale App. The first-loaded ingredient should be at the top of the ration ingredient list.
4. Double check the percentage on the top right corner of the screen is exactly 100%.
5. Click the green Save button on the top left corner of the screen.
Rations are one of the most critical aspects of feeding cattle. With Performance Beef, you can edit rations quickly before feeding for the day. If your nutritionist is interested in helping you keep your rations updated, see the Share Your Account article for more information.
As new cattle enter the feedlot, or if existing groups need to move onto their next phase, the edit ration feature will allow you to change the ingredients, as fed (or dry matter) percentage, order of ingredients and name of a ration. Along with these options, you are able to set your ration based on either As Fed or Dry Matter percentages as well as pounds per head ingredients. For more information on how pounds per head ingredients will affect your ration, see the Creating Rations article.
Our Customer Success team is here to help. If you have questions, contact us by calling 515-337-2187 or email us at email@example.com. Be sure to take advantage of our complete resource library and how-to videos created to help you succeed..
Sharing Your Account - Read this article to learn how to share your account with family, nutritionists, vets, feed hands and other trusted advisors.
Create and Manage Rations - Read this article to create a new ration or archive old ones.
Customize Ration Settings - Learn how to customize ration settings within Performance Beef.